These Vegan Biscuits are so delicious and so incredibly moist! It’s hard to believe that something so tasty is actually healthy.
Vegan Biscuits with Vanilla and Chia Seeds
What you need (for about 10 biscuits):
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (I used Sea Salt)
- 2 tablespoons Ground Chia Seeds
- 4 tablespoons non-dairy Butter, such as Earth Balance
- 1 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Apple Sauce
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 450 F and line or grease a baking sheet.
- Mix dry ingredients in medium/large bowl (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chia seeds)
- Add butter to the flour mixture and finely crumble (I used my fingers)
- In separate bowl, mix wet ingredients (almond milk, vanilla extract, and apple sauce).
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture, until all ingredients are well incorporated. The mixture will be very sticky.
- Spoon (I used a regular table spoon) a heaping tablespoon of dough mixture/batter onto the baking/cookie sheet – starting in a corner. I used a 9×13 inch baking sheet and was able to fit 3 biscuits in a row, for a total of ten.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Enjoy with some jelly : )
I was very pleasantly surprised by the wonderful taste and texture of these biscuits. Hopefully you will be too. Enjoy!
This recipe was inspired, but altered, from http://minimalistbaker.com/the-best-damn-vegan-biscuits/