I know everyone loves their Chocolate Chip cookies, but sometimes you might crave a more plain and simple cookie. Still chewy and sweet. Like Vanilla Oatmeal Cookies : ) Those of you that pay attention will notice that these are similar to the Maple Oatmeal Cookies, previously featured on my little blog. Well they are basically the same recipe – just take out the chocolate and exchange the Maple Syrup for Vanilla Extract. Once I find a good recipe or method, I try to reuse it again – mixing it up a bit.
Vanilla Oatmeal Cookies
What you need:
- 8 tbsp. (1 stick or 1/2 cup) of Butter – at room temperature (microwave for about 15-20 secs)
- 1 cup of Flour
- 1 1/4 cup Rolled Oats
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. of Salt
- 3/4 cup of Sugar
- 1 Egg
What to do:
- Heat oven to 350 F
- In a small bowl mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl combine the butter and sugar together until airy. (Go ahead and use the hand mixer – if you have one)
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar – mix well
- Add flour mixture – mix until all ingredients are combined
- Add the oats
- Drop tablespoon size balls of cookie dough – about 2 inches apart – on greased or parchment lined cookie sheets (about 10-12 cookies per sheet).
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes
- Once out the oven, transfer to wire rack to cool (wait a few minutes so the cookie doesn’t fall apart)
So there you go – now you have added another kind of cookie to your repertoire.