Holiday season is upon us again. What better time to master some vegetarian side dishes. If you start with fresh, preferably organic, ingredients you are not far away from a great tasting meal or side dish. Roasted Brussels Sprouts is one of those.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
What you need:
- A nice bunch of Brussels Sprouts (trimmed and cleaned)
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 or 2 Cloves of chopped Garlic (optional)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Cut Brussels Sprouts in half and place on baking sheet along with chopped Garlic
- Drizzle a couple of tablespoons of Olive Oil over Brussels Sprouts and Garlic. Mix with your hands to make sure everything is coated with the oil. Add some Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Turn Brussels Sprouts with cut side facing down on baking sheet (this will give the nice roasted look)
- Roast/bake for about 25 minutes, until Brussels Sprouts are tender and nicely browned on the bottoms
This is a very simple and uncomplicated recipe, but it will make your Brussels Sprouts very tasty. Of course you could add various ingredients to this dish (lots of people like to add bacon), but sometimes it’s nice to just have a minimalist side dish. For the holidays it’s also great to have a lighter and healthier dish, like this one.