Craving some Chinese food? No need to get in the car, or even pick up the phone for delivery. This Vegetarian Fried Rice recipe will be ready in under 30 minutes for sure. If you are comfortable around the kitchen, it might take you about 15 minutes. And the great thing about making this at home, is of course that you are in control what goes in to the food. This version is non-GMO, MSG- free, Gluten Free. And of course I’m using organic ingredients – so it’s pretty much pesticide free. Shall we call it Freedom Rice? Oh, and it’s very tasty : )
Quick & Easy Vegetarian Fried Rice
What you need for about 3 servings:
- 3 servings Cooked Brown Rice (such as Trader’s Organic Frozen Cooked Rice)
- 2 medium/smallish Zucchinis
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1/2 – 1 cup Frozen Corn
- Pinch of Pepper
- A couple of tbsp. Organic Gluten Free Low Sodium Soy Sauce (You do NOT need salt – soy sauce is your salt here)
- Garlic Powder (or real garlic would be great too of course, maybe a clove or two)
- 2-3 whisked and scrambled Eggs (cut up with spatula to smaller pieces)
- 1-2 tbsp. Vegetable Oil (Canola or Olive Oil)
What to do:
- Whisk and scramble eggs – breaking up with spatula in to small pieces. Set aside.
- Peel and finely chop onion. Clean and finely chop/cut zucchinis
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and zucchini after about a minute.
- After a few minutes add corn (or whatever vegetable you would like to use). Stir
- Season with a pinch of pepper and garlic powder
- Add rice – mix well with other ingredients.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of soy sauce. Mix until all ingredients are covered. Turn down heat to low. Taste – add more soy sauce or spices if needed.
- Add scrambled eggs. Mix well to combine. Done – ready to eat!
So there you have it – in about 15-20 minutes you have your Take Home or Take Out Chinese food. So easy. And fast. And very versatile – you can use whatever veggies you like or have at home.
For a Vegan version – simply omit the egg!
Please let me know your favorite versions of this dish. If you like what you see – please share with your friends on your social networks : ))