I know it’s only September, but before you know it Thanksgiving and Christmas will be upon us. And you know you will need perfect Dinner Rolls to go with your holiday dinners, so why not perfect a recipe now. These Dinner Rolls are easy and quick and delicious too. What more can you ask for?
What you need (for 12-16 rolls):
- 1 Cup of Warm Water
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil (I used Canola Oil)
- 2 Tbsp (2 packages) Dry Yeast (I used Instant/Bread Machine Yeast)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (sounds a lot, but supposedly it helps the bread rise)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt (I used Sea Salt)
- 1 Egg
- 4 1/4 Cup Flour (Start with 4 Cups and if dough is too sticky add a little more as needed)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add warm Water, Yeast, Sugar and Oil to a large bowl. Mix well and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the Salt and the Egg.
- Stir your Flour with a fork or whisk (to loosen it up), then measure the flour. Add one cup at a time, mixing dough well. After adding the 4 cups of Flour your dough should still be very sticky. Gradually add the last 1/4 Cup of Flour until dough is sticky, but not sticking to the bowl.
- Grease a baking sheet or casserole dish – I used a 9 x 13 inch baking sheet.
- Form dough into 12-16 small balls, and place on to baking sheet. Let rise for a minimum of 10 minutes up to 25 minutes (I let mine rise for about 15-20 minutes).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes, until they are nice and golden brown.
- Let rest a few minutes and then try not to eat the whole batch!
So easy and so delicious! For the holidays, I would suggest baking at least 2 batches : )
This recipe was adapted from http://www.bellatheblog.com/2014/09/easy-fall-entertaining-2-tips-and.html
Please let me know what you think!