It’s Meatless Monday again! Somehow the week flew by. Does anybody really love Mondays? Manic Mondays etc. Well, my daughter Maja DOES love Mondays – because she gets to go to school : ). Let’s hope it stays that way for many, many, many years.
Anyway – let’s make Monday dinner not so manic. I had some left over Naan bread, so I decided to use it up, by making a Naan Pizza. Of course! I love pizza and I love Naan bread, soo..
Naan Pizza With Veggies
What you need (for about 3 – 4 Naan Pizzas):
- 3 – 4 Naan Breads
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 carton of Crimini Mushrooms (or White Button)
- 2 small Zucchinis
- 1 big (or 2 small) cloves of Garlic
- About 2 cups of Shredded Cheese (the fancier the better, but I only had Mexican Cheese and that worked just fine)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Butter
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- In a pan – heat olive oil and butter over medium heat (making sure it doesn’t burn)
- Peel onion and cut in half – then slice half moons
- Wash and slice mushrooms
- Sautee onions and mushrooms for about 5 minutes in butter and olive oil, until tender
- Peel and chop or press garlic – add to onion and mushrooms. Stir to combine – for a minute
- Season with some salt and pepper
- Wash and finely slice zucchinis
- Place Naan bread on cookie sheet
- Cover Naan bread with the zucchini slices
- Add onion and mushroom mixture on top of zucchinis
- Sprinkle as much cheese, as you wish, on your pizzas.
- Season with a little dried Oregano (if you have it, and if you like it)
- Bake at 425 F – for about 10 minutes, until cheese is nice and bubbly. I turned on the broiler for a minute or two – at the end – to increase the bubbliness.
Meatless Monday Dinner is Served! Delicious veggies with gooey cheese. Naan Pizza – Yum!
I didn’t use any tomato sauce on this pizza, but please feel free to do so! But, in terms of flavor – you really don’t need it!
If you are Vegan – perhaps just skip the cheese or use Vegan cheese? I think it would taste great still.
Please don’t feel bound by this recipe – if you have other veggies on hand – then use those : ) The method should be same, but the flavors can be changed out many ways.
Hope you enjoyed this easy recipe. Let me know your thoughts!