If you’ve seen any of my recipes, you may already have gathered that I love using Greek Yogurt in baked goods. So here’s another recipe, pretty much a copy of my Blueberry Lemon Greek Yogurt Cake;
Greek Yogurt Apple Cake
What you will need:
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Stick/8 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 2/3 Cup of Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup of Greek Yogurt
- 1 large or 2 small peeled and sliced Apples
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease or line a round cake pan
- In small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt
- In medium bowl beat/mix butter and sugar (with hand mixer or wooden spoon) until airy. Then add vanilla and egg. Beat/mix until creamy.
- Add Greek Yogurt – mix/stir until well combined.
- Add flour mixture a little at a time, stir until just combined. Then add to cake pan. Top the cake batter with the apple slices (pressing them down lightly), and dust generously with cinnamon
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until toothpick or sharp knife comes out dry/clean
This cake tastes wonderful with some vanilla custard sauce, whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream.
I truly hope you enjoy this cake!