It’s finally fall, and soon winter (I’m using the term “winter” loosely, as I live in California) – and somehow that lends itself to more comfort foods. Lazy Sunday mornings with a luxurious breakfast, such as pancakes. The good news is, there are so many healthy AND delicious versions of pancakes. Like these delicious Gluten and Dairy Free Oatmeal Pancakes (you could even make the Vegan by replacing the egg with a Vegan alternative). Even if you don’t have a gluten or dairy concern, you should still try this recipe (using regular oats is fine if you are not gluten intolerant) – because it is REALLY good, and it’s so much better for you than your average white flour pancake.
What you need:
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Oats (or regular if you don’t have a gluten concern)
- 1 1/4 Cups Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- Vegetable Oil or Non Dairy Butter for cooking
What to do:
- Place oats, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, vanilla, and banana in a blender (I use the NutriBullet, so I have to blend the oats and almond milk first and then add the rest of the ingredients (except the egg) and then blend again.
- In a medium size bowl whisk the egg, then add the pancake batter (from your blender)
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add some butter or oil, to the coat the pan. Ladle out 3-4 pancakes in you skillet. Cook for a few minutes on first side, until bubbly. Then turn over for another couple of minutes to finish cooking.
- Serve with Maple Syrup and/or fresh fruit, or with your favorite topping.
This recipe was adapted from http://www.mountainmamacooks.com/2013/08/banana-oat-blender-pancakes-gluten-free-dairy-free-recipe/