It’s spring and summer and bathing suit season is upon us! Thus we all start to panic about what we are eating. I’m not a fan of diets and dieting – I believe in eating well all the time. Real food. Healthy food most of the time, with some treats here and there. What I love about this Cabbage Soup is that it’s as healthy as it is delicious. And it’s super easy to make, another method recipe. Make it your own version. For this soup to work as fatburning and detoxing – you can’t just make this soup and eat a gallon of ice cream as dessert – you kind of have to stick to a healthy diet in general. Cut down on sugar, carbs, sodium – you know – the usual suspects.
What you need:
- 1 head of Cabbage
- 1/2 – 1 yellow Onion
- 3 large Carrots
- 3-4 stalks of Celery
- 3-4 cloves of Garlic
- 4 cups of Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 2 cups of Crushed Tomatoes (or Water)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Oregano, Thyme or Basil – if you want
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
What to do:
- Chop and/or dice all vegetables
- Heat the olive oil, in a large pot, over medium heat. Add onions, carrots and celery. Sauté for about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic. Stir for about a minute. Add cabbage. Stir.
- Add chicken (or veggie) stock and crushed tomatoes (or water). Stir well. Season with desired herbs. Cover pot and let come to a boil. Once the soup is at a boil, turn heat down to simmer, leaving the lid on.
- Let soup simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you have the time let the soup simmer for an hour or two – the soup will just develop the flavors even more and therefore taste even more delicious.