Are you allowed to have fish on meatless Monday? I’m not sure, but here’s a delicious, quick and easy recipe for salmon:
Maple Glazed Broiled Salmon With Creamed Spinach
What you need for the Salmon:
- 2 Filets of Salmon (defrosted or fresh)
- 3 tbsp. of Organic Maple Syrup
- 3 tbsp. Organic Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic – chopped finely or pressed
- Turn on your broiler
- In a Ziploc type bag – add the syrup, soy sauce and garlic. Then add salmon filets and zip bag. “Massage” the salmon with the glaze, making sure it’s completely covered.
- Place salmon on lined cookie sheet/broiler pan and pour some of the remaining marinade on top of fish.
- Stick under your broiler on upper level in your oven. After about 10 minutes take out salmon and spoon more marinade on top of fish. Return salmon to oven for about 5-10 more minutes. Keep a close eye – so your marinade or fish don’t burn!
- Depending on thickness of salmon it should be cooked through after about 15 minutes (that’s for well done), but you can check with a knife if the fish is cooked through.
While the salmon is cooking away in the oven let’s get started with the EASY Creamed Spinach:
What you need for the Creamed Spinach:
- About 1 cup of frozen chopped Spinach
- About 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream or Half & Half (if you don’t want dairy try with coconut milk)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pour frozen spinach and cream in small/medium pot. Add some salt & pepper. Cook/simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes (basically until the spinach is defrosted. Taste and see if you want more seasoning! (Feel free to add garlic or whatever else spice you like) That’s it! You are done!!
Serve Maple Glazed Salmon with the Creamed Spinach. I love it just like this, but at my mother’s house, in Sweden, we would definitely have served it alongside boiled potatoes or mashed potatoes. Brown rice, quinoa, or jasmine rice would be great too. You’re the one who will eat – so you decide : )
I hope you enjoyed this simple, but delicious meal. Let me know your thoughts and suggestions or your favorite versions.