I love burritos, tacos, tostados, and Mexican food generally, but SOMETIMES I don’t feel like doing all that assembly work that is required. This burrito recipe/method happens to have shrimp, but you could use any ingredients you like (chicken for example, or go all vegetarian). Basically, in stead of making pretty layers on each burrito you are assembling you are dumping ingredients into one pot/pan. Easy peasy burritos.
What you need (this is not an exact recipe, more suggestions..) for 4-6 burritos:
- 2 cans of Beans drained (I used kidney and black beans)
- Taco seasoning, or spices such as cumin, paprika, chipotle chili powder, garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 – 1 cup of Sour Cream
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup of Salsa (or more if you like)
- 4-6 Burrito size Tortillas
- 1 cup of cooked Shrimp (or Chicken)
What to do:
- Add beans, sour cream, spices, and salsa to pan/pot. Heat over medium heat – season to your liking. Turn down heat – add cheese.
- Add shrimp (or chicken) – stir until heated through.
- In separate skillet – heat/char tortillas over medium heat, a couple of minutes per side (keep warm in clean kitchen towel). Please don’t skip this step – the tortillas will taste so much better and fresher.
- Add bean/salsa/cheese mixture to tortillas and fold into a burrito. Serve with some chips and guacamole and salsa : ) Easy, right?!
Happy Cinco De Mayo!