We can’t be good all the time! But, when we’re bad – let’s do in the best way! Who can resist fudgy chocolaty gooey homemade brownies?? (If you are not a chocolate fan – feel free to leave this conversation, or you might consider baking this for someone who DOES love chocolate). So, here’s a recipe for delicious, easy, and quick homemade brownies. I choose to use mostly organic ingredients – so that adds to the greatness. Also, it would seriously take you longer to go the store to buy the boxed mix stuff. Anyway… who wants to read all this, when we need to get to the good stuff.
Double Chocolate Chip Fudge Brownies
What you need:
- 12-16 oz bag of high quality dark Chocolate Chips (think 62% Ghirardelli)
- 1 stick of Butter (1/2)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cups of white Flour
- 1 cup of granulated Sugar
- 1-2 tsp. of Vanilla Extract (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. of Baking Soda
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit
- Grease a 13×9 inch baking pan
- Melt the butter and half (reserve the rest for later step) of the chocolate chips over low heat – stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
4. Let butter and chocolate mixture cool for a couple of minutes – then stir in the eggs. Add vanilla extract.
5. In medium bowl mix dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, and sugar. Make a well in the middle. Then add the chocolate egg mixture to the dry ingredients (in your well). Mix until smooth.
6. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips (half the bag).
7. Pour your chocolaty batter/dough in to your greased baking pan and smooth out.
8. Bake in the middle of your oven for 17-20 minutes. My oven is a gas oven and seems to run hot, so I take my brownies after 17 or 18 minutes at the latest. Remember – these are supposed to be fudgy. The brownies will firm up as they cool down.
So there you have it – in less than 30 minutes you have your very own delicious Double Chocolate Chip Fudge Brownies. Time to cut the brownies in to squares (I like to do this right when it comes out of the oven, with my rubber spatula) and serve. Enjoy!!
As always, I hope you enjoyed this recipe!
I found this recipe on www.VeryBestBaking.com (I think..)