Europeans love their fresh baked bread in the mornings. In Denmark, where my family is from, there’s practically a Bakery on every corner. So, in the wee early hours of the morning you can go pick up some fresh bread or pastries. But if you don’t have a bakery around the corner – fear not! On this Sunday (or any day) morning you can have some homemade rolls in about 30 minutes.
30 Minute Rolls
What you need:
- 5 1/4 cups of All Purpose or Bread Flour (preferably Organic)
- 4 tbps. Ground Flax Seeds (to add some fiber and Omegas)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Instant or Bread Machine Yeast
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp. of Honey
- 2 cups of Warm Water
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, ground flax seeds, salt, instant yeast) in large bowl
- Add warm water, oil, and honey
- Mix/combine & knead ingredients until it forms a smooth (somewhat sticky) ball of dough
- Cover bowl with a clean kitchen towel and let dough rest for 10 minutes
- Make 12-16 balls and place on lined cookie sheet. Prick the rolls with a fork. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 400 F for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool on wire rack.
So there you have it – fresh homemade delicious healthy rolls in about 30 minutes! Please enjoy with some butter and perhaps some homemade jam, and a nice cup of coffee or tea (or several).
Happy Sunday Morning!
P.S. If you have a small household – please freeze half the batch, as these taste best the first couple of days (no nasty preservatives in these goodies).
Enjoy! Let me know what you think, and let me know your versions!