Chimichangas are deep fried burritos. Could be delicious sometimes, but perhaps just a tad bit greasy. Baking burritos, slightly brushed with oil, will give you a much lighter version. And it will still be very tasty. Tastier, if you ask me.
What you need:
Ingredients for burritos, such as:
- Burrito size Tortillas
- Chicken/Beef (skip if you want a vegetarian version)
- Sour Cream
Basically any ingredient you would normally use to assemble a burrito
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 425 Fahrenheit
- Assemble Burritos and place seem down on lined cookie/baking sheet
- Brush or spray burritos with vegetable oil
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the burritos or chimichangas are golden brown
- Serve with your favorite condiments – guacamole, sour cream, salsa etc.
Enjoy your guilt free lightened up chimichanga!